I have a look at Hourglass Holiday with swatches of all three Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Face Palettes and the Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm Duo they launched this season. The items have been out for a while by now but if you’ve been on the fence about splurging I highly recommend adding them to your Sephora cart for the Holiday Savings Event starting this Friday (for Rouge)!
Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Face Palettes
There are three holiday Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Face Palettes this season. They’re quite the splurge at $85 each but I was really glad to see lots of new shades. If you’re like me you’ve collected nearly every holiday palette they’ve launched. I do see some similarities to previous seasons but I really love the options this year. My favorite of the three is the Elephant Palette although I think the Tiger Palette has the most unique colors.
All three performed exceptionally well. They have a good mix of textures including their soft diffused finishing powders, metallic strobe highlighters and luminous blushes.
The Tiger Ambient Lighting Edit Palette has the deepest tones out of all three. I’ve been using the 2 deeper shades as eye colors since they’re really deep on my skin tone. This one has:
- Transcendent Light – soft brown satin
- Brilliant Glow Strobe Light (new) – bronze and gold swirl for a light gold shimmer
- Burnish Glow (new) – shimmering bold orange with gold shimmer
- Divine Strobe Light (new) – metallic pale yellow gold
- Copper Flash Strobe Light (new) – metallic copper rose
- Iridescent Rose – swirls of pale pink and rose shimmer
The Hourglass Elephant Ambient Lighting Edit Palette is my favorite but it is also the most similar to previous years. I still love it. Colors in this one include:
- Dim Light – sheer beige rose finishing powder
- Soft Light – sheer light beige finishing powder (wish they’d launch this in full size!)
- Beaming Strobe Light (new) – metallic champagne gold
- Lustrous Bronze Light (new) – satin warm bronze
- Iridescent Coral (new) – pink coral gold shimmer
- Radiant Rose (new) – bold pink flush
Elephant Palette + Mist Phantom Glossy Balm
The Butterfly Ambient Lighting Edit Palette is the lightest option with three pale powders and two rose tones for blush. It’s a stunning one but I wish it had a bit more variation. Colors include:
- Ethereal Light – pale white satin finishing powder
- Incandescent Light – ultra pale white pink with shimmer
- Soft Flush (new) – berry rose pink blush
- Diffused Light – sheer pale finishing powder
- Sunset Glow (new) – reddish berry blush
- Celestial Strobe Light (new) – metallic pale champagne
Butterfly Palette + Phantom Glossy Balm in Rouse
Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balms
I wanted to give the Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balms ($35 each) a shout out, especially since there’s a Holiday Phantom Glossy Balm Duo ($50) with Slip (pink rose, also worn here) and new Rouse (brownish red). These have a really beautiful formula with a twist up style tube. They are incredibly expensive for the amount of product you get and once you twist up they don’t twist back down. These are glossy balms with a good color payoff. They almost melt into the lips when you apply but they don’t slide off. Since these are glossy there is not much staying power. They’ll stick to the lips as long as you don’t touch anything to your lips.
I love the product and colors but I wish they gave you more product for the price. Mist is a beautiful pale pink, Slip is a rose pink, Lucid is a stunning coral peach, Rouse is a brown red.
The Holiday Duo has sold out a number of places but you can still find it at Ulta, Bloomingdale’s, and Space NK.
That wraps up my Hourglass haul + review! I’m really happy with everything and I purchased them on my own. I think they’re easy to wear and add a lovely polished look.
If you’re looking for new brushes or tools I highly recommend checking out Hourglass. I’ve slowly added pieces to my collection over the years and they’ve held up so well. I really love the Vanish Foundation Brush, Concealer Brush and Smudge Brush to name a few. I’ve had their Travel Brush Set on my radar for a few years now. They’re actually full size and there’s no price break for the set, but I think the case is why they call it a “travel set”. I think I might splurge this year with the upcoming Sephora sale.
Have you tried the Hourglass holiday launches yet? What did you think? Out of all the holiday palettes that have launched this year which one has caught your eye the most?
Shop the Post
You can find Hourglass Holiday out now. Available at Nordstrom, Sephora, Space NK, Bluemercury, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, and Ulta Beauty.