Gucci launched new cheek products called the Luminous Matte Beauty Blush ($49 each). I hauled 5 of the 6 colors to try. These are beautiful soft blushes with a luminous sheen. At $49 each they are incredibly expensive but I’m happy to report that each one performed well and I think they’re exquisite!
Texture is soft and smooth. I like that the pigment is medium but easy to build and layer without looking or feeling heavy. They feel very natural on the skin and blend in seamlessly. Swatching on the arm/hand doesn’t do the product – they look so much prettier on the face!
The Luminous Matte Beauty Blushes are scented with a strong floral scent. It seems to fade after a few minutes (or it’s a scent my nose gets used to).
Lasting power is very good. The color stayed put on the cheeks all day. I think the packaging is really cute too!
01 Silky Rose is a light pink
02 Tender Apricot is a pale light peach
03 Radiant Pink is a healthy natural pink
04 Bright Coral is a soft coral
05 Rosy Beige is a mauve
Swatches of all five shades I hauled below:
Swatches on the face as well. For a more complete look I would have added some bronzer or highlighter for more depth and dimension but I just applied each blush by itself to give you an idea of what they look like alone.
Blush: Gucci Blush 01 Silky Rose + Lips: Patrick Ta Major Volume Plumping Gloss in 2CCs
Blush: Gucci Blush 02 Tender Apricot + Lips: Fenty Gloss Bomb in Cheeky
Blush: Gucci Blush 03 Radiant Pink + Lips: Glow Care and Shine Lipstick in Sally Soft Honey
Blush: Gucci Blush 04 Bright Coral + Lips: Glow Care and Shine Lipstick in They Met in Argentina
Blush: Gucci Blush 05 Rosy Beige + Lips: Glow Care and Shine Lipstick in Call It A Day
I cannot pick a favorite, I think all the colors are really pretty! I think it would have made for a really stunning cheek palette if they had all shades in one compact.
It’s been a while since I did a dedicated Gucci Beauty review so in case you missed previous features, here are a few quick thoughts on some other items I’ve tried:
- Gucci Natural Fluid Foundation in 280C – I love this formula for a traditional satin fluid foundation. It has medium to full coverage with a natural finish. It is long-wearing on me. Has a slight blurring effect.
- Gucci Matte Beauty Powder Shade 05 – This is a nice pressed finishing powder with a natural finish. Has sheer coverage and looks very natural. Has a sweet floral scent.
- Glow and Care Shine Lipstick – These are some of my favorite glossy lipsticks! Lots of nice colors to choose from! Sally Soft Honey is probably my favorite!
- Eclat Soleil Luminous Bronzer – I have 3 shades and like 03 the best for a nice warm bronze with a subtle glow. Shades 1, 2 and 3 reviewed here.
- Multipurpose Hydrating and Nourishing Balm – One of my favorite multi-purpose balms! I love this on the lips for moisture. Wish it came in a stick or squeeze tube form, but the formula is excellent.
- L’Obscur Lengthening Mascara – A nice lengthening and defining mascara I’ve repurchased several times. I think it’s worth splurging on!
- Brume de Beaute Beauty Mist – This is a lovely bi-phase refreshing mist and can also double as a setting spray. Feels super luxurious and makes the skin feel refreshed.
- Glossy Nail Polish – Love the shade Annabel Rose for a beautiful neutral. I have a couple other colors and really like the formula for an opaque finish, long-lasting wear and flattering shades.
Overall really happy with the formula and colors! If I had to pick just 2, I would say 03 Radiant Pink and 04 Bright Coral are my top 2. I still think they are overpriced (even if it is Gucci). But they perform really well and I’m happy with them.
Available at Sephora, Nordstrom and Gucci.
Have you tried these yet? What did you think?