*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
It has taken me way too long to get around to this post but it’s finally here and I am very pleased to share my swatches of the new Glossier No. 1 Pencil with you. Here’s what you need to know.
What is Glossier No. 1 Pencil?
Glossier’s original eye liner pencils were in the Glossier Play franchise (old blog post here) which has now been discontinued. The new Glossier No. 1 Pencil is a reimagination of those pencils with an upgraded formula.
- Designed to be easy to use even if you’re not a pro with eyeliner
- Delivers rich and buildable colour
- Formulated to give you a bit of playtime before it dries down and sets into place
- Glides onto the skin without dragging
- Once set, the colour is transfer and water resistant
- Formulated to last up to 12 hours
- Available in 10 shades – see swatches below
- Many shades have sold out but restocks are promised HERE* soon. Current stock includes Ink (black) and Frame (brown) which I think are staples.
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
- Suitable for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes
- Suitable to wear on the waterline
Glossier No. 1 Pencil Shades & Swatches
There are 10 shades in this colourful collection:
- Canvas – pure white
- Frame – neutral brown
- Fresco – dark forest green
- Ink – rich black
- Kiln – rustic orange
- Lapis – dark-denim blue
- Muse – soft lavender
- Ochre – dandelion yellow
- Patina – light grey-blue
- Rococo – deep eggplant
I have all the swatches here for you.
Canvas, Frame, Fresco, Ink, Kiln, Lapis, Muse, Ochre, Patina, Rococo:
Glossier No. 1 Pencil Swatch Video
I thought you might like to see this quick reel I made that shows how well these colours set and last.
My Review of Glossier No. 1 Pencil
I have to say, I am a big fan of these pencils. They are really easy to use because the texture is soft enough to glide on to the skin without dragging, yet firm enough to still be able to create a nice line.
I am certainly no expert when it comes to eyeliner, and the shape of my eye, plus the hooded lids, don’t lend themselves easily to a wing, but I love a bit of smudged out liner. Plus, I think that liner in the water line is the quickest way to look like you have actually done your makeup!
When I swatched these, I was so impressed with how well they dried down and set into place. I tried to smudge them with both my finger and a wipe (see video above) and they really didn’t budge. However, on the eyes, they remove easily with a cleansing balm or oil. Fabulous.
They stay put really well in action on the eyes too. I just have to be careful not to open my eyes too wide before they set down, to avoid transfer on to my hooded lids which is always a risk with any makeup! All in all, these are absolutely brilliant.
Lots of the shades are currently sold out but Glossier are promising a restock very soon so make sure you keep checking back HERE*.
Where to buy them
The Glossier No. 1 Pencil is £13 and available exclusively at Glossier. Current stock includes Ink (black) and Frame (brown) which I think are staples.