Protein is a vital ingredient for human body and also for people who are trying to lose weight the healthy way, as this macronutrient not only aids in healthy weight loss, it also helps build muscles and improve health and fitness. Eggs, meat, fish etc are considered good sources of protein; but vegetarians often wonder from where they can get abundant protein. Tofu, cottage cheese, and vegetables like green peas are a rich source of plant protein . Talking about green peas, it contains eight times the protein of a cup of spinach (5 gm per 100 gm) and also 100 percent of your daily amount of vitamin C in a single cup. That’s not it – green peas also have more than 25% of your days fiber! This delicious veggie also has vitamin A, C, K, folate, manganese, iron, zinc, copper and other essential B vitamins – all of these nutrients contribute in a big way to boost weight loss. And there are absolutely delicious to have green peas, fix them into a mason jar salad or add them to an omelettes or chapatti stuffing. Not only are green peas low in calories, high in protein and nutrients, they are good for people with gluten and lactose intolerance. With so much amazing benefits associated with green peas, experts suggest including this vegetable a part of everyone’s daily diet, but wait, fresh green peas are essentially a winter veggie, and not available through the year, so how do you reap benefits of this nutrient-dense yet low-calorie veggie? By buying it in frozen form! There’s a misconception that frozen foods, especially vegetables do not retain nutrients compared to their fresh versions. On the contrary, broccoli in its frozen form has more riboflavin than its fresh version. Attention busy bees, especially those who are trying to lose weight, frozen foods can be of immense help, while meal prepping. We are absolutely against frozen pizza, cakes, and everything with empty calories in it, but certain frozen foods are picked at their peak ripeness, making sure they are full of nutrients. However, make sure the ones you pick do not contain any additives, preservatives, flavours, seasonings, or sauces. Wondering which frozen foo types to include in your diet, don’t worry, we list down 8 Best Frozen foods for weight loss.
Benefits of Including Frozen Foods in Weight Loss:
1. Easy to meal prep.
2. Longer shelf life.
3. Veggies tend to retain their nutrients for longer.
4. Tastes better than their fresh versions (kale for example).
7 Best Frozen Foods For Weight Loss:
1. Frozen vegetables: Beans, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower florets – all of them are nutrient-dense vegetables, low in calories, easily available in supermarkets, in chopped form – so it’s really easy to meal prep with them.
2. Frozen fruits (not canned): Blueberries and raspberries are fruits that are not locally grown; however, in their frozen form, they are easily available. A recent study has revealed that blueberries has compounds that influence genes that are involved in fat burning and storage functions. Not to mention the abundant levels of antioxidants that help lower inflammation and fight obesity.
3. Frozen Fish such as Salmon: The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon help to boost metabolism, curb appetite, and also accelerates the fat-burning process.
4. Frozen Spinach: Frozen spinach in smoothies taste so much better than fresh leaves, and with all the nutrients intact, it’s amazing for weight loss too.
5. Frozen Chicken: Get the same amount of lean protein in frozen chicken as the fresh version.
6. Frozen Peas: As mentioned above, green peas are available mostly in winters, and in frozen form, throughout the year.
7. Kale: It’s one of the most weight-loss friendly foods with nutrients like vitamin A, B6, C, K, and minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, and calcium. Also, frozen kale tastes much much better than fresh kale, makes smoothies super delicious. Also read: “15 Low-Calorie Foods That are Extremely Filling.”
Hope you add these frozen foods to your diet to level up your nutrient intake and lose weight in the process as well. Most importantly, if weight loss is on your mind, you should be on the right kind of diet, Rati Beauty diet, for example, that helps you eat healthy, lose weight, and get fit as well.
14 Inexpensive Plant Based Protein Sources for Weight Loss
Which Protein is Good for Women to Lose Weight – Whey or Pea?