Weight loss can become a never-ending struggle, a goal that is out of reach, particularly if you are trying numerous shortcuts to reach there. Apart from being impatient, women can hinder their progress by paying heed to outdated advice. Also, there are certain common mistakes that a lot of women make, that act as roadblocks and make win your battle with weight loss gruelling. Listing the 6 Biggest Fat Loss Mistakes Most Women Make:
1. Believing in Crash Dieting: Please stay away from fad and crash diets that can seriously impact your health. Also, this kind of diet is not sustainable and an absolutely wrong method to adopt to lose weight. When you deprive the body of enough food, the body goes into a fat-conservation mode, with slow metabolism, and can cause deficiencies that can trigger severe hair fall. Since crash dieting is based on food deprivation for long hours, it can set off binge dieting later on in the day. You should actually choose a diet which nourishes the body and lets access to the stored fat – and that’s exactly what Rati Beauty diet does. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
2. Depending on Green Tea To Melt Away Fat: To an extent, green tea is good to boost metabolism, but it cannot melt away all fat. It’s not that silver bullet you can depend on to shed extra pounds without straightening up the diet or without exercising. It is a healthy drink that flushes out toxins, but limit green tea consumption to just 2 or 3 cups.
3. Too Much Cardio: Doing cardio every single day is not the fastest way to lose weight. You must do cardio but you can’t depend on it to navigate towards your goal weight. Walking, cycling, cross-trainer, etc. all are useless if you are not eating right. Also, to get a toned body, start strength training as well along with cardio exercises.
4. Getting Obsessed with the Weighing Scale: When embarking on a weight loss journey, the weighing scale can be a good companion, holding you accountable and motivating you to work much more harder. But a lot of women start getting obsessed with the weighing scale, and when the numbers don’t tip in their favour, they get demotivated and jump off the weight loss wagon. The solution is to weigh yourself just once in a week and look for non-scale victories like clothes getting loose, improved energy level, etc.
5. Trying To Spot Reduce Belly Fat: It’s the biggest myth ever – no amount of ab exercises can melt away layers of belly fat if your diet is high on sugar and refined carbs. Doing crunches alone will not melt away extra layers cushioning your waist – you need to weed out foods that build up belly fat.
6. Cutting Out Gluten to Lose Weight: It’s a huge misconception that going “gluten free” would result in faster weight loss. Gluten is a group of proteins which gives flour its sticky and glue-like texture and people with autoimmune disorders such as celiac disease and irritable bowel syndrome are allergic to gluten, where this protein damages the lining of the gut wall, and trigger symptoms such as diarrhea, anemia, headache, rashes, etc. Going gluten free only benefits people with gluten intolerance, and there is no link or research that links gluten-free diet with significant weight loss.
Summing up, we can definitely learn from other people’s mistakes and motor up to our goal by eating the right kind of food, exercising consistently, and keeping a positive approach.
9 Weight Loss Numbers That Matter More than the Weighing Scale
15 Things you Should Absolutely Never Do on a Weight Loss Diet