Raise your hand if you cannot function without having coffee first thing in the morning, it’s okay to be completely obsessed about that steaming cup of coffee to get a rush of energy because it helps us motor through the highs and lows of the day. The caffeine content in coffee acts as a stimulant, appetite suppressant, and is also known for its metabolism boosting and fat-burning properties. Caffeine also has thermogenic properties which means it torches up extra calories in the body. Unknown to many, coffee is rich in antioxidants and minerals like potassium and magnesium as well. With so many benefits attached to coffee, it does make sense to grab a cup of coffee right now, but wait, having coffee the wrong way can lead to weight gain, and that’s why it’s important to have it the right way to get the maximum out of this most popular beverage world over. Read all about them here:
How Caffeine Affects Weight Loss?
Caffeine boosts metabolism and helps body burn more calories. It also acts as an appetite suppressant which means you would feel less hunger pangs through the day, reduces post-workout muscle pains and cramps, is an excellent pre-workout drink that gives you energy for exercise and strenuous workout at the gym.
Now, coming to the 5 coffee habits that can help you boost weight loss:
5 Coffee Habits that Help with Weight Loss:
1. Have It Black: When you avoid adding sugar, milk, and other stuff into the coffee and have it black – it almost becomes a zero-calorie drink. The caffeine and chlorogenic acid in black coffee stimulate metabolism and speeds up weight loss. Also read: “21 Tricks To Boost Metabolism.”
2. Avoid Creamer and Heavy Cream: No doubt, coffee tastes so much better with creamer and heavy cream and by adding yummy stuff like that, but with these additions, the calorie count of coffee goes up, and it no longer remains a weight-loss friendly beverage.
3. Do Not Have It First Thing in the Morning: Studies say it’s better to have coffee along with your breakfast because coffee tends to stimulate the production of acid in the stomach and with the absence of food, this extra acid can damage the lining of the stomach along with shooting up cortisol levels.
4. Limit Intake to 2 To 3 Cups: The caffeine content in coffee acts as a mild diuretic and that’s why too much coffee can lead to dehydration. Limit caffeine intake to just 2 or 3 cups in a day.
5. Have It At Least 6 Hours Before Bedtime: Research says that caffeine content from a single cup of coffee can keep one awake for up to 6 hours. To lose weight successfully, following a proper sleep hygiene is important and having 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep is part of that hygiene. And caffeine which can keep you awake up to 6 hours can prevent you from having a good night’s sleep, so always make sure to have that last cup of coffee before 6 pm.
We are certain when you follow these above-mentioned coffee habits, you can maximize your weight loss results.
Most importantly, it’s by being on the right kind of diet that helps you get leaner, and Rati Beauty diet helps you to shed extra pounds as well as inches. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism
12 Ways to Boost Metabolism To Burn Fat